Employee Survey Consultant
OrgVitality, a leading global consulting firm focused on employee surveys, 360s, linkage research, as well as other types of surveys and metrics analysis, is looking for consultants to work remotely, but based in New York or California (with consideration for exceptional candidates in Colorado, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Washington State).
New consultants will initially focus on supporting executive consultants, working closely to provide client deliverables. In return, new consultants will receive attentive mentoring and guidance from some of the most respected professionals in the business. While often focused on employee surveys, projects can include other forms of organizational survey, analysis, organizational change, and general advisory or coaching services. All OV staff work in close-knit teams of consultants, project managers, and programmers, across multiple locations and time zones. Consultants also support OV’s product development and brand-building, including efforts related to applied research, conference presentations, webinar/training delivery, marketing, sales, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary focus will include creating organizational change through organizational surveys – designing programs and survey instruments, advising on approaches to administer surveys and report results, data interpretation, executive presentations, and training. Initially this will be via supporting executive consultants, eventually becoming solo project work.
- New consultants will support client and product development work with advanced statistical support – such as latent variable modeling, machine learning, multi-level analysis, text analytics, or similar (exact combination of expertise can vary based on individuals).
- Other responsibilities will adapt to individual expertise and passions, including 360s, competency modeling, other kinds of survey work (e.g., lifecycle surveys, internal or external customer surveys), leadership development and coaching, individual assessment, training, and linkage research/metrics analysis.
- Consultants deliver existing services as well as create new products and services – measurement instruments, reporting or statistical capabilities, change management tools, etc. – which provide value to our clients. Consideration will also be given to candidates with technical skills in adapting well-founded consulting services for algorithmic or Internet-based deployment.
- Consultants support the marketing of products and services and are encouraged to be involved with business development.
- Advanced degree in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology or related field (minimum 1-3 years project experience post master’s degree)
- Application experience with advanced statistical techniques (e.g., variable modeling, machine learning, multi-level analysis, text analytics)
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical reporting packages (particularly SPSS or R)
- Ability to design custom surveys and assessments, based on clients’ unique strategic interests and requirements
- Flexibility to learn and deploy OrgVitality’s models, approaches and point of view
- Strong presentation skills, ability to develop credible executive presence
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant research and theory
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Knowledge of qualitative analytic techniques
- Mastery of Excel and command of PowerPoint
- Work is remote, but must be located in California or New York, with consideration given to Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or Washington State
Interested individuals should send a resume to HR@OrgVitality.com with the subject heading, “Consultant Search”.
OrgVitality was founded and run by I/O psychologists and technologists, and specialize on the best science, cutting edge technology, and particularly the fusion of the two. As an independent, privately-owned organization run by the original founders, we guide the company according to our own values and sense of what is important. We are led by our passions for client service, innovation, and contribution to science and society. We regularly present and publish research and perspectives – from SIOP conference presentations sessions to the employee survey chapter in SIOP’s upcoming Handbook on the Practice of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. We sponsor Psychology Day at the UN, and seek out other ways to contribute to society, including maintaining a portfolio of non-profit clients. All this is in addition to providing unique and strategic advice and support to an impressive array of clients across the globe. This formula has been very successful for us, with extraordinary and continued growth.
We are a firm of professionals, working closely with one another to ensure mutual successes. We work hard and share in rewards. We are focused on performance and believe in offering employees flexibility and trust; for example, we have an open vacation policy. Someone who needs structure and rules will not be a fit. Our primary operations are in New York, San Francisco, Tel Aviv (Israel), and Ahmedabad (India), with various locations in the US and abroad. The most successful employees are the ones who have leveraged their unique skill sets to further the organization’s work and opportunities.
OrgVitality has a competitive compensation plan with opportunities to share in the success of the organization. Salary commensurate with experience.